Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Many Wifes

Given the recent news about the various polygamist sects around the U.S. I have to believe that part of their belief structure must revolve around masochism as well. Now let me tell you a story - somewhat related.

Last weekend I was invited to meet my some of my girlfriends closest friends and we set off towards downtown with 4 kids in tow. In all there were 12 of us, 7 women (4 pregnant), 4 small children and me. We ate at CNN Center and the looks we kept getting were very interesting and quite funny. Needless to say we had a great time with it. They came to be known as my family (hmm...hmm....)!

I think I did a pretty good job fitting into this unknown world of women and then I made my fatal mistake - I referred to the group as a herd when crossing the street - as in herding cats. Ever said something and then immediately kicked yourself? MAJOR LESSON: Women do not like being referred to as a herd. They immediately think cattle and start considering the size of their thighs and hips even though they were were all built very well and attractive. My mistake.

Polygamists - I relinquish my faux title, you can have it - you masochists.

No comments: