Friday, April 25, 2008

My 2008 Travel Fun List

I am an avid traveler that travels because I enjoy it and like seeing and doing things I don't normally get to do. Here is a list of some of the things I would like to do this year or next.

Close to home:

Zorbing in Tennesse - So you may ask what is Zorbing? Zorbing is a popular activity in New Zealand in which you tumble down a slope while inside a plastic bubble with a bit of water in it. Like white water rafting without rocks! Don't have time to go to New Zealand to try it...then just head to Pigeon Forge, TN and from $37 per ride you can experience just what it was like to roll head over heals down a hill when you were a kid.

Grand Canyon Skywalk - 1 mile above the jagged canyon floor in Arizona you can defy your fear of heights at the Grand Canyon Skywalk. All you have to do is brave the 14 miles of unpaved road to get there and you too can cling to the railing or jump up and down on the 70 foot U-shaped glass structure. The cost - $60.

Aquatica - Anyone that knows me - really knows me - knows how much I like Orlando and now I have one more reason to like it thanks to Sea World. They just opened a park called Aquatica where they successfully combined a water park and marine habitat. $39 gets you in the rest is up to you.

Not so close to home:

The Edge in Australia - I have always wanted to go down under and I am just cataloging the reasons to go there. Add one more - The Edge. In Melbourne's Eureka Tower there is a part of the observation deck that slides out of the building and then the walls and floor turn transparent accompanied by the sounds of shattering glass. Sounds like someone has a sense of humor - crazy Australians. The cost is $25.

No comments: