Monday, April 21, 2008

Do You Want Something To Eat?

If you have a grandmother I know you have heard this before - especially if you have a Jewish grandmother like me. My grandmother is a wonderful person and I have spent the last few days with her and her husband, Sam, down in the land of retirees (a.k.a. Florida). The one thing I get asked by my grandmother more than anything is, "do you want something to eat" or some variation of the same. For example:

"Let me make you some eggs"
"Would you like a poppy seed cookie"
"Have some breakfast"
"You have time to eat before you go"
"How about some mundel bread"

Don't get me wrong, my grandmother is a good cook - but one person can only eat so much and no one wants to disappoint their 93 year old grandmother. So this is less of a blog and more of a vent. The lesson? I don't know. I just feel better now getting that off my chest.

No comments: