Sunday, November 16, 2008

Advice to Same Sex Marriage Advocates

It may surprise some of you that I don't oppose same sex unions, but I must admit that I am surprised that those who advocate same sex marriage just don't seem to get that marriage is not a right - it is an agreement and that they have all the same rights that married men and women possess. What they desire is an expansion of their rights to include and enforce "same sex marriage" and with the recent passage of Proposition 8 in California I think it is time for me to offer them some advice. Here it comes...

Most people view marriage as a religious ceremony between a man and a woman, period. Get over that fact and stop asking for "marriage", simply ask the legalization of same-sex unions and stop challenging the popular religious mainstream by using terms they endear and will fight to protect in mass.

As a good friend of mine often says, "it doesn't matter the content or intent if the delivery is off."

No comments: