Monday, June 2, 2008

Business Meeting Double Speak

I am sitting in my office near Raleigh, North Carolina listening to a conference call that one of my co-workers set up. I have no involvement in this call...he is just taking it here because we have the room and have been working on other items for the better part of the day.

What I find funny and frustrating is the double speak that is going on with his call. As far as I can tell they know what they want to accomplish, but every other person goes off on a verbal diatribe about something not relevant to the overall conversation. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard various buzzwords used, like "synergy", "transformational", and "cross sell". It makes me want to gag and go print out a game card to see how soon I could stand up and shout "Bull Shit"!

Don't get me wrong...not all calls are like this, but when one comes along it gets your ire up and loses your attention all at the same time.

That's it for today. I just needed to vent.

No comments: