Tuesday, May 5, 2009

In Memoriam: Somber Thoughts on Those We Have Lost


Today, the American Poker Invitational (API) family lost two people close to us. First we found out about the passing of Tammy Oliver's father, who I did not know, but feel badly for Tammy, Paul, her family and close friends. 

After losing my father as an adult I know the pain and wrenching anguish of losing one's parent. 

But wait, as if G-d had a bad sense of humor tonight when I arrived at The Tavern I learned that a person that inspired me to become a better poker player, a walking storybook, former player of the year, 2007 Team API Member that represented us at the WSOP and tournament director had passed away as well. We will miss you Jon Atkins. That sense of humor, the stories and the hijinks's now live within us as we mourn your passing.

G-d speed to you both. You are in our thoughts, prayers and your memories will live on in the hearts of all that knew you.

No comments: